Wednesday, December 21, 2011

What Would You Do?

So this Zealot comes to my door, all glazed eyes and clean reproductive organs, asking me if I ever think about God.
So I tell him I killed God. I tracked God down like a rabid dog, hacked off his legs with a hedge trimmer, raped him with a corncob and boiled off his corpse in an acid bath.
So he pulls an alternating-current taser on me and tells me that only the Official Serbian Church of Tesla can save my polyphase intrinsic electric field, known to non-engineers as "the soul."
So I hit him. What would you do?
- Transmetropolitan #6
by Warren Ellis and Darick Robertson



Hmm, maybe I'll try utilizing this response the next time a Jehovah's Witness comes a-knocking.

And why is it atheists are the ones writing the best comics about religion and theology? It might not be sound theology (few people actually write anything with sound theology in it) but it makes for dang good graphic literature.

And the Official Serbian Church of Tesla sounds pretty cool, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment