Thursday, November 17, 2011

Illness Overcomes Obsession

Hey AFB. I'm still here. For the most part. I got hit hard this week with a case of the I Don't Feel Too Good. Yeah, I've been ill. Under the weather, even. So, I sincerely apologize that there haven't been any updates so far this week. I'm recovering, getting back up to speed, and things will be right as rain soon.

That is a weird saying. Right as rain? Why is rain right? And why is that just accepted as a correct and good thing? Whatever.

Anyway...did anybody even notice I've been absent? I know the AFB is fictional, but there are some real people out there that actually read this. A very few amount of real people, sure. But, there is a Comments feature, you know.

Anyway, yeah, I realize the absence of this blog these past few days probably disrupted no one's life. But that is irrelevant. Take it away, Oswald Chambers:
The tendency is to look for the marvelous in our experience; we mistake the sense of the heroic for being heroes. It is one thing to go through a crisis grandly, but another thing to go through every day glorifying God when there is no witness, no limelight, no one paying the remotest attention to us.
Ouch. And this is what I take out of it as I apply it to Wednesday Theology. Even if no one else is reading this, I'm still going to do it and still try to make it as exceptional as I can. I'm still going to approach it as if this is what God has currently called me to do, even if it seems like there is no one paying the remotest attention to me and this blog.

And can I tell you something? The more I work on this blog, the more I love it. And the more I talk about you, the AFB, the more I love you guys. Fictional, real, whatever. You guys are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment