Friday, February 3, 2012

Post #200!

200 posts! Wow! Can you believe it? I sure can't. Granted, about 80 of those consist of little more than awesome pictures of Batman being awesome. But even that consistency is impressive to me. What I mean is, even if this blog was nothing but awesome pictures of Batman, I wouldn't have expected my attention span to last for 80ish posts of those.



But this blog is so much more than awesome pictures of Batman. This is Wednesday Theology! But if you've been reading this blog, you already know how it's all about theology and graphic literature. We talk about that every day. For this, let's just keep talking about Batman.  Why?

Because it's Batman.

Here's a quick rundown of my Top 5 Daily Batman posts thus far:

This is just a classic, beautiful image by Alex Ross.

A tragic scene that has become the iconic symbol of A Death in the Family. The death of Jason Todd, the second Robin, is Batman's greatest failure and always haunts him. Well, maybe it doesn't anymore since comics are comics and Jason Todd eventually returned.

Another iconic picture of Batman, this time by Jim Lee. I love it. It would make a great poster on my wall.

This scene by Chris Burnham is amazing. Crazy awesome amazing. We get eight scenes of Batman and his associates fighting the bad guys and they all flow from one to another. Have I mentioned how amazing I think Chris Burnham is?


I just noticed all of these were posted in October. I did not intend that. It must have just been a really good month for pictures of Batman or Batman related things. Anyway, there was no question that this cover to Detective Comics #880 drawn by Jock would be my top pick. Look at it. It's creepy, haunting, and downright crazy awesome. Probably the best cover of any comic book put out this year.


Wow, it is still hard to believe it's already been 200 posts. Post number 100 didn't seem all that long ago. But I guess look how far we've come. Look how crazy things have gotten. Look how non-fictional the AFB has become. People actually read this site now. How's that for meta-fiction?

So awesome. So humbling. Thank you. Seriously, you guys, thank you.

Here's to a hundred more posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment